Sustainability: how to host more sustainable events
by Cat Preston
In the current landscape, societal awareness and consciousness are driving the demand for sustainable practices. It is highly likely that your event participants, if not all, have sustainable expectations. To meet these expectations, it’s crucial to prioritise sustainability from the planning process itself. At Red Blaze, we specialise in integrating environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors into the core of your next corporate event.
By incorporating ESG elements, you have the opportunity to reduce the negative impacts of hosting a live event while also leaving a positive legacy through corporate social responsibility (CSR). Considering both aspects allows you to maximise the potential benefits of sustainable event planning.
From the perspective of your attendees, sustainable events can offer several advantages. For instance, providing virtual attendance options enables greater access for individuals limited by travel distance and cost, thereby increasing the event’s reach. Additionally, focusing on the event’s locality and giving back to the community can enhance the experience for both attendees and beneficiaries. Simple gestures like supporting local vendors and offering culturally-led entertainment can make a significant difference.
Emphasising the event’s locality also brings benefits to you as the host. Our experience shows that eco-efficient activations can actually save you money. By minimising travel costs for vendors, performers, and suppliers and utilising local businesses, you not only reduce expenses but also differentiate your event from competitors, attracting new attendees.
Sustainability goes beyond immediate gains. It can open doors to new investments, sponsors, and staff while also retaining key players who align with their own procurement criteria. Apart from the ideas mentioned above, we have a few additional suggestions to make your next event sustainable:
- Provide hybrid attendance options: Our specialised studio team can help create an engaging experience for virtual attendees worldwide.
- Set up waste stations, signs, and monitors to facilitate waste sorting among exhibitors and attendees.
- Implement accurate food ordering systems to minimise wastage, and consider incorporating organic produce, promoting better health and reduced carbon footprint.
- Optimise the event’s layout to eliminate the need for transfers, making it easily walkable for able-bodied individuals attending overseas projects.
- Embrace the 3R’s: Reduce, Re-use, Recycle. Evaluate if single-use plastics and swag giveaways are necessary. Explore re-using items year after year and ensure delegates can easily sort their litter.
At Red Blaze, we understand the sustainability jargon and can help navigate the complexities. We can provide clarity on regulatory requirements and the practicality of carbon offsetting.
Contact us today at email@example.com or use the contact form below to make your corporate event truly sustainable and impactful.